HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inCalendar

Share | 

eff' the B-flag???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShakeURn00bies
Admin/Counsel Man

PostSubject: eff' the B-flag???   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I was just reading the Bops strategy guide and it offered a point of view that spurred an internal debate for myself.

Most "A" and "C" flags are easy enough to cover with 2 people. By sitting three people on any given flag it would be next to impossible to take with less than a full force from the opposition.

Example:
Map: WMD
Game: Domination
Players: 6

Play call:
1) spawn
2) sit 2 on "A" flag defending
3) send 4 cappers up the right flank, capping "C" and taking control of the central blue building over "B" flag and the warehouse on the rear flank.
4) assuming one dies, he repositions at "A" flag
5) this will force their spawn to the "B" flag, spreading out their attack routes forcing them either up the middle or around the flanks to well-covered choke points.

I can see this working on maps like Array, Cracked, Crisis, Havana, Launch, Nuketown, and Radiation.

Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vegas702
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:02 pm

We can try it out when we pub
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swifttactics.forumotion.com
CaptinnSLAPaH0E

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm

This is great! I think that this strategy can win almost any domination match. Although, controlling B does have the advantage of spawn trapping. I guess it all depends on the flow of each individual match
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:19 am

This is reasonable but you can also set it up that you push them back in their spawn and hold them back into there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xbm0arx
Gamebattles Captain

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:41 pm

You would need tac inserts to pull this off I think because if the 3 die at one point they willspawn at the other leaving a good distance between them I do like the idea though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:17 am

Xbm0arx wrote:
You would need tac inserts to pull this off I think because if the 3 die at one point they willspawn at the other leaving a good distance between them I do like the idea though

That's why you spread them out over 3 points so then you spawn trap them in the middle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xbm0arx
Gamebattles Captain

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:52 am

But if there spawn trapped and overun point a for example and the 3 people at a die while killing 2 of the enemy they now could posess a and b while the 3 who guarded a are dead and respawn at c. I know I'm overthinking but I figure if this ever happened against us we could try that. Still it's a very good idea if you can get the technique down
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:57 am

Xbm0arx wrote:
But if there spawn trapped and overun point a for example and the 3 people at a die while killing 2 of the enemy they now could posess a and b while the 3 who guarded a are dead and respawn at c. I know I'm overthinking but I figure if this ever happened against us we could try that. Still it's a very good idea if you can get the technique down
In that case you guys move forward as a team capture B and then play it by year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShakeURn00bies
Admin/Counsel Man

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:18 pm

We accidentally pulled the "A"C" flag trap last night when the pubbies started trying to 3-cap on Cracked. We pulled alot of time on it, and that was with very minimal organization.

This would be something I would like to see us try on a 6 v 6 non-competitive scrimmage in party chat.

**SIDE NOTE-- I would like to see party chat scrims in the future. Maybe a 4v4 would be the largest we should try. But being able to tell eachother what we see, would definately improve our defense. Most people don't think about their best tips until they are in the map with their game face on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YuFailBroh

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:59 am

I like A B C B better. Cuz unless its a small map you chance the risk of losing a or c . with 6 people ud have to have 3 on each if those 3 die you chance it at loosing outside point and b . ;/ and capping b is a bitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vegas702
Admin

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 am

YuFailBroh wrote:
I like A B C B better. Cuz unless its a small map you chance the risk of losing a or c . with 6 people ud have to have 3 on each if those 3 die you chance it at loosing outside point and b . ;/ and capping b is a bitch

Not if you get it off the break. Which I think we're getting better at doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://swifttactics.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: eff' the B-flag???   

Back to top Go down

eff' the B-flag???
Page 1 of 1