Swift Tactics Gaming
Welcome! Please sign in to access your account
Swift Tactics Gaming
Welcome! Please sign in to access your account
Swift Tactics Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift Tactics Gaming

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our strategy...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ShadowSlaya
Admin
ShadowSlaya

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey guys. Before you continue reading this post, I would like to say that it is not meant to offend anybody or directed at anybody but the clan as a whole.

I really think its great that we have access to all of these youtube videos of people showing how to play great strategies and stuff, but the problem lies in the fact that everyone else has the same access. If a football team posts all of their plays up, and two football teams copy and use all of them, then the teams run the risk of someone else knowing their every move. That is why I am proposing that we develop our own strategies, our own style of gameplay, and our own in-team chemistry.

By developing our own stuff, it not only eliminates the possibility (and probability) that another GB team will know our strategies, but it also develops strategies that are more suited to our gaming styles. It may not be easy to create a set of strategies, but thats where we as a clan come in. We have had awesome games where we not only communicate, but we CRUSH the other team, simply by following orders. I watch many of you play, and the main thing I'm seeing is me or Vegas giving you a strategy, and then everyone deciding to do their own thing. And yes, I know that I've done that a couple times as well, and its something I plan to work on, but if everyone communicates and follows directions, there is no reason that we cannot develop on-the-fly strategies to suit the game we are in, as well as have a list of permanent strategies to start with.

I hope in posting this, that no one was offended, but its a necessary point to strengthen our clan and our team.
Back to top Go down
Glock911

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah sound good, maybe get some time on every map and get good spots for every man and where and how to rush and move forward
Back to top Go down
Vegas702
Admin
Vegas702

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 am

I don't think we're posting our strategy by any mean neccesary. We're simply brainstorming ideas. I also post training videos as PURE example. Thats it. I by no means want to post how we play on the website. Please remeber that.
Back to top Go down
https://swifttactics.forumotion.com
ShadowSlaya
Admin
ShadowSlaya

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:13 pm

But we aren't 'brainstorming" ideas when we are straight up copying the videos. Thats whats gonna do us in in the end. The more unique strategy we have, the better we will do against teams
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Lol you guys are too funny. As a team I've noticed that what we do wrong is split up instead of sticking together. IMO I think everyone should be wearing flack jacket, espeacially since it seems we mainly play objective based games that require you to stay in one area(perfect target for explosive attacks). I would like to try a couple matches with everyone using flak jacket and moving as one throughout the map. Not standing right by each other of course but in the same section (ex D3) of the map. Doing that would make faster kills and confuse the enemy on who to target. I've played a few teams that use this tactic and it PWNS! And I enjoy the videos for the motivation of ideas Vegas. Slayer is just F'in with you LoL.
Back to top Go down
ShakeURn00bies
Admin/Counsel Man
ShakeURn00bies

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 10:26 am

Born raises a great point.

I'm not sure how many of you have read my bio, but I am a 6 year army ranger vet. I've worked in small squads before, this type of strategy is obviously effective. However, obviously this is a game. And some people are always going to be better as a lone wolf type runner as opposed to a squad based member.

Let's just use a 8 man ground war TDM team as an example.
This would be my ideal situation...
Map: Cracked
1) 2 single runners calling out locations, spawn trapping, and finding campers.
2) a pair of gunners / anti-air players. This pair would only work the very edges of the map. They would be responsible for holding down one corner of the map. In this example let's use "C" spawn. The reasoning for this is two fold.
-a) It keeps the spawn from flipping
-b) Offers a safe anti-air position to knock down enemy air support and of course to drop care packages.
3) The remaining 4 members would remain as a squad. Holding down a specific location (in this example the "B" flag buildings). Never leaving this area.

**I obviously do see the value in watching and learning from the best that are out there. It would be foolish to think otherwise. BUT! As Shadow mentioned ... this is what most everyone does as well. Besides, if we started making videos people would start using them as reference as well. So what you really have to ask yourself is this ... are you (we) using the videos as a learning tool or as a crutch?
**Shakem's take on this is rather simple. Use the videos as a tool, not as the last word. In the Army we likened this kind of training to a coloring book. The outline is there, but the colors are up to you.
**Mind you, my in game play does not negate my real life experience. I've only been playing COD for a couple months. But if you put a real rifle in my hand I could clean your ear out for you at 100 meters.

???Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
ShadowSlaya
Admin
ShadowSlaya

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Thats awesome shake. Thats exactly the type of strategy that we need to get comfortable using. And I don't mind that we have videos to learn from and get tips from, its just that if we use TOO much of the information in the videos, we set ourselves up for failure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our strategy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our strategy...   Our strategy... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our strategy...
Page 1 of 1