Swift Tactics Gaming
Welcome! Please sign in to access your account
Swift Tactics Gaming
Welcome! Please sign in to access your account
Swift Tactics Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swift Tactics Gaming

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any shooting / aiming tips???

Go down 
+6
Vegas702
BoRn2SpAnKU
ShadowSlaya
Havoc
Big Bad Nips
ShakeURn00bies
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShakeURn00bies
Admin/Counsel Man
ShakeURn00bies

Any shooting / aiming tips??? Empty
PostSubject: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:09 pm

As a recovering HALO junkie, my targeting in BOPS is rather suspect.

Problem 1) pulling up the sights quick enough. HALO had no ADS targeting.
Solution 1) ??? please advise ... or is this all practice, practice, practice ???
Plan of action 1) I've been running alot in "training" against a stacked team (3v7) and working with my ADS.

Problem 2) hitting a target multiple times with no kill (preferred weapon is AK47, best stopping power in AR class)
Solution 2) ??? Please advise!!! ???
Plan of action 2) I've looked at my target mapping on my playercard and it seems as if I hit the legs more than chest. Again, practice, practice, practice...

So, if any of you badasses have anything you can offer up as tips ... let me know.

Thanks,
Shakem

Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm

1)
Sleight of Hand Pro

2)
From Distance: Burst
From Close Range: Spray and Pray
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Sleight of hand pro is nice. It allows you to aim down your sights extremely fast and reload faster.

Burst is great for long distance. Get in the habit of tapping the fire button.

Ask CK VG about aiming tips. He uses really high sensitivity and doesn't touch the right stick a lot. He told me that he hovers over the target and then the auto aim portion adjusts. I don't know how to explain this well - so hopefully he can add some insight.

Also, play against people in STG that rage. I try to play with all because the majority are better than me but it helps my game. Sometimes when you hold down certain areas of the map and move WITH people enough you learn what they do and how to help them. Provide cover, kill the person that got them, lay down fire in front them at the corners in case someone is coming when they aren't watching that area (depends on the situation, if you are being sneaky that won't work).

Back to top Go down
ShadowSlaya
Admin
ShadowSlaya

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 am

It would appear as if your first problem is a problem with your sensitivity. I would suggest that you work on figuring it out over the next couple days. When looking for a good sensitivity, you need to keep in mind that the higher the sensitivity you can go to WHILE STILL BEING COMFORTABLE, the better you will be. I personally play on 8, but that is considered high for most people. I would start at 5 and play 5-10 matches. If you notice your scores are high, then your close. If you feel uncomfortable like its to slow or to fast, then try to lower/raise your sensitivity until you feel comfortable. By the time you find that magic balance, your scores will DRASTICALLY improve. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
ShadowSlaya
Admin
ShadowSlaya

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 am

Also, PHYSICAL EXCERSISE! The healthier you are, the faster your reflexes will be and the better your skillz
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:18 am

I'm still playing on 2 and look at me. The sensitivity isn't that big of a deal, you can set up on your profile to have auto-aim? Not a hack or mod.
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 am

Sleight of hand pro is a must. I find that I do better if I don't run as much. For a while it seemed like I would die do to being caught off guard in a full sprint. So now I hardly run unless I'm diving for cover or something to that nature.

Sensitivity can play a huge part on your aiming skills. For me I range from 3-5 depending on how in the zone I am (not sure if anyone else does this). Another tip is to not sprint around corners and always ADS when entering or leaving a room/area.

Oh ya one more thing... Practice, practice, practice!!
Hope that helps lol.
Back to top Go down
Vegas702
Admin
Vegas702

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:18 am

Believe it or not most pros play with thier sensitivity on 3-5
Back to top Go down
https://swifttactics.forumotion.com
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 am

I play on 2 and look at me. You just have to get use to one sensitivity and stick to it.
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 am

Finally an explaination for my badassery lmao!
Back to top Go down
Vegas702
Admin
Vegas702

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 am

First you have to use Assault Rifles. People may argue this, but they are the best weapons in the game. The only other weapon that comes close is the AK74U but I prefer the assualts. I use the Galil, but find one that you feel is most accurate. I'll get into more detail later.

1). Start on regular (not hardcore). A lot of people argue a lot about Hardcore vs Regular, but regular definitely requires more accuracy. Mainly because you have more health, so you have to make more of your bullets hit. You can miss 90% of your bullets in hardcore and still get the kill, can't get away with that on regular. Weapon damage is more important on regular mode, so take that into consideration.

2). Don't use scopes. Use the iron sights, or if you want a red dot, but I definitely prefer the iron sights. Save that extra attachment for something more useful (DualMag, Silencer). Plus scopes make you focus on a small area of the map. You want to see as much of the map as possible for long range.

3). Movement is key, in many ways. If you are moving, your enemy will immediately see you. I'm not saying sit on one place forever, but be still if you are expecting an enemy. Get your kill and move on. Also, realize if you're kneeling somewhere expecting someone, you shouldn't really be moving your eyes and looking in every door, window, and pathway. By continously moving your eyes you are ruining your advantage of seeing movement. Kind of blur your eyes and look at the middle of the screen, and just wait for ANY type of movement. You'll instantly know where to aim when your enemy pops up. It really took me a while to understand this concept, but it's amazing once you realize that moving your eyes keeps you from seeing movement on the screen.

4). After a few games, start using Semi or Single fire weapons, like the M16 or even the one shot weapons once you feel your accuracy is a bit improved from regular mode (like the FAL). These are more for training, so once you switch back to the assault rifles you'll feel like you have an unfair advantage. This is probably the most frustrating step if you are used to automatic weapons. You'll die A LOT, especially in close range, but after a while you will actually start liking these weapons because they are so damn accurate from long range and have little recoil. You can try these on regular but I think you'll really get frustrated, Hardcore would work better for these.

5). Another bad habit to break is pressing and holding the fire button when using automatics. That's ok in close range, but medium to long range, definitely just tap it. I still struggle with this, just have to keep reminding yourself.

6). If you're not totally used to the game yet, I'd recommend bumping up your sensitivity now, so you learn at a higher sensitivity. It's hard to relearn sensitivity. The higher you can go the better because you can turn around and look around faster. I'd recommend 5 or 6 at least.

7). Weapon damage isn't important in hardcore. So if you decide to play hardcore, choose weapons like Famas or my personal favorite the Galil. The lower power is made up by these weapons having better range, accuracy, etc.

8 ) Aim for center mass, meaning the chest. Obviously if their head is poking out then thats the only thing you have to aim at, but if the whole body is visible don't go for headshots. Give yourself room for error, if you miss up from the body, u get a headshot. If u miss down, you hit the stomach or groin. If you're aiming at the head and miss up, you miss. If you miss right from the head, you miss.

9). Go to Combat Records, and look at your heat signature for where your bullets are landing on your opponent. If most of them are landing on the right side, then aim a bit more to the left or vice versa.

10). Experiment with all the weapons. Some people swear the AK-47 is more accurate than the FAMAS. I think they're crazy, and they think I'm crazy. So it's just how your eyes work. Try every weapon, and decide which one recoils the way you want it to. Some weapons always move up, some always move up and right, etc. Depends how you shoot, just make 5 classes all the same but different primarys, you'll know right away which weapons you hate and which you might want to make your main weapon.

11). When in doubt, check your combat records. Some weapons you might be more accurate with, some weapons you might have a higher kill death ratio than others.

12). Supressors further help reduce weapon recoil. Throw a supressor on a FAMAS or GALIL and it's amazing how little it shakes. Obviously you give up range and damage.

13). Anticpate. If you don't see any enemies, don't just aim right at the corner. As soon as you see him he'll be moving past the corner, so try to aim where you think he'll end up AFTER you see him. Same thing with a flag in capture the flag. Don't assume you'll just point at the flag and be able to shoot whoever comes. Decide where you will first see him, and how long it will take for you to react, and aim there first, then try to follow your target.

14). Don't be predictable. You pop your head out of a window and you and an enemy start shooting at each other so you both back away from your windows. Don't point back out of the same window after you reload if you have another window or door. The time it takes him to readjust his sights to another window might be just enough for you to kill him.

15). Be sneaky (extension of rule 14). What if there's one window? Well lets say I was shooting him from the left side of the window, and then I move left behind the wall to reload. I know he's pointing at the left side of my window. So I go into the prone, and crawl to the right side of the window. Don't get too cute, grenades might be coming in. But if you're fast enough, him expecting you to peak your head out of the left side might be just enough for you to have time to aim and shoot him when you pop out of the right side of the window.
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 am

Vegas the Stoner is absolutely amazing its like an assualt rifle good at all ranges. The sensitivity isn't much of a deal I play on 2 and have no problem.

But yeah, long range burst and iron sights are epic.
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:42 am

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
Vegas702
Admin
Vegas702

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 am

Thanks. I dont like LMG's not a fan. Im a FAMAS and AK 47 guy
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 am

Famas, Galil, Commando are all amazing. Bursting the Stoner is sweet and it beats most guns close range.
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 am

Ya same here
Back to top Go down
ShakeURn00bies
Admin/Counsel Man
ShakeURn00bies

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 pm

I appreciate all of the tips, retraining my brain for a completely different kind of gameplay is ALOT harder than I thought it would be. I still find myself using the HALO button configeration when stress levels increase.

I found the Commando to be my favorite assault rifle yet for the long range accuracy it provides me. However, I did love my time with the stoner63 and will give it another run once I unlock it.

Also, iron sights??? Really? I do see the value in the argument. And in real life I never used a scoped weapon in the field. I don't see how I never made that correlation to this game. I'm going to take my scopes off and see what "shakes" out.
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Ya iron sights in this game are almost all the exact same on the AR classes. The 2 that are the easiest to get used to and don't block alot of view are the Galil and AK47. Which are why they are my personal fav's lol.
Back to top Go down
kcx360p

kcx360p

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Just be careful, hitboxes are screwed at the moment. I have experienced it while sniping on Havana Dom. See post about update for link to video.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/nwehle
tac ninja

tac ninja

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:13 pm

ok this has prolly been covered by the others, im no pro but what i find that helps my aim is seight of hand pro use cover and make yourself as small as possible. move left to right while your shooting and like they said fire in bursts. i use famas and close range you can hold fire button and it doesnt seem to drift until playerr is dead. also make sure your aim assist is on. my sensitivity is set at 2. you guys are amazing if you can aim and kill with it on 8...holy sh#@ 8...lol.
Back to top Go down
CaptinnSLAPaH0E

CaptinnSLAPaH0E

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:11 pm

This is my take on things...I've played lots of shooters including mw2 and counter strike and this is what I have learned. If you have problems killing individuals slow or they kill you fast it may have to do with how your right thumb moves the cross hair...when I am doing bad I realize that I am jerking the cross hair too much and therefore I am missing my target. What I do now...put your crosshair on the target and bounce left to right. What this does is keeps your crosshair from jerking and slows ADS sight so therefore it is easier to aim. Now, you may be asking "how does the crosshair stay on the enemy if I am moving back and forth? Well it all has to do with the distance of the enemy. How far you straff left to right depends on how far the enemy is away from you. For example, if the enemy is close to you his entire body is bigger on your screen. take bigger strides left then right, your crosshair will move back and forth a bigger distance but will cover his entire body. Practice this by letting your crosshair go from the very left side of the enemies body to the very right side. if the enemy is far away and it is going to be counted as a longshot then sidestep slightly to the right, burst shot, then slightly to the left and burst untill the enemy is dead.

This also has a negative effect on the enemies sights... if you are moving meft to right, they start jerking their crosshairs which lowers their accuracy. Reslting in you (most of the time) winning a 1v1 shootout.

People who master this will see a sharp increase in their KDR. Or atleast it worked for me...let me hear some feedback and if this works for you, share with the word please.
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Oh yeah, check your preferences you can have it auto-center.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 pm

How do you have it auto center?

Great tips Shake. Please show me next time I'm on. I'd like to see this so I can practice
Back to top Go down
BoRn2SpAnKU

BoRn2SpAnKU

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 am

Ya what's this auto center you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Big Bad Nips

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:21 am

It's in your game preferences on your Xbox Live Profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any shooting / aiming tips???   Any shooting / aiming tips??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any shooting / aiming tips???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Swift Tactics Gaming :: Community :: Closed/Old Topics-
Jump to: